Corporate Marketing and time tested storytelling techniques…
Video storytelling may not seem to have much to do with corporate marketing. In actuality, however, it’s one of the best channels for grabbing consumer attention and inspiring brand loyalty. Every business should consider making video storytelling a big part of its marketing campaign. Here’s why.
Storytelling Captures Audiences’ Hearts
Have a look at one our recent projects with Virginia based Crisis Consultant Group. It’s a powerful example of how CCG brings their experiences to the table and in essence gains the trust of their clients by establishing a theme of sensitivity and knowledge.
Why Use Video for Corporate Marketing?
- Videos can be easily shared on social media. If your video is popular enough, it might “go viral,” meaning that thousands of people watch it, then share it on their social media pages so thousands more watch. This can drive traffic to your site.
- Videos can help your SEO so that more people find your site in Google and other search engines.
- Videos can grab your visitors’ attention so that they stay on your site longer.
How to Tell Your Story Via Video
- Set your goal prior to making your video. Do you hope your video will drive more traffic to your site, raise your conversion rate or get more social media shares? Your specific goal will influence the way you tell your story more than any other factor.
- Keep the focus on the story you want to tell your audience. Whether you need to take 30 seconds or 30 minutes, make sure you capture their attention. If you tell a great story, your audience will follow you no matter how long the video is; just avoid rambling or off-topic comments to keep their attention.
- Consider whether you need to script your video. Some projects require a script while others do not. Whether you write a script in advance or not, organic, natural conversational deliveries always work best.
- Collaborate with your video team prior to production. If you can surround yourself with professionals you will succeed.