Marketing Statistics and Video Production
Marketing is essentially getting the word out about your company or organization to people who want to know about you. When it comes to marketing in general, it used to be that you should automatically pounce onto the local newspaper and nationwide magazine companies because you had to buy an ad somewhere immediately. Since then, we’ve left print advertising for the most part. Today, we use the Internet for our primary source of finding companies. As time has gone by, we’re moving slowly from TV advertising (commercials), to web video marketing.
Online video marketing is more effective than most other forms of advertising mostly due to the technological advancements that have come along. Thanks to Google’s data mining algorithm, websites will have ads specifically driven to your personal interests, which leads to more click-throughs. Targeting your demographic is automatic, saving you that extra step.
Recently, we’ve found an article from Insivia that listed 50 must know stats about video animation marketing in 2013 and we found a few that we thought to be incredibly important.
Here some top video marketing statistics of 2013:
- 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process
- Each day 100 million internet users watch an online video
- 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website after viewing a video
- One minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online, according to ComScore
- 46% of users take some sort of action after viewing an ad, according to Online Publishers Association
- Animated explainer videos increase conversion rates by 20%, according to Unbounce
- By 2016, 2/3rds of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video according to Cisco
One of the most common forms of advertising online is in the form of web videos. Web videos are used to create corporate identity profiles and online ads for platforms such as YouTube. If you want to take advantage of this video marketing trend, contact Foundation Digital Media today.